Well, since Ray ratted me out, I better chime in.

The MX-700 does not make julienne fries, nor will it pour me another cold beer. However, it will seemingly blast any conceivable combination of flashes at whatever device(s) you like, using whatever button takes your fancy.

It is uber-capable. The hardest part for me was deciding how I wanted to implement all that functionality. You can, literally, control your system any way you want to. I liked the idea of being able to use the PC to program and then download the commands. It also has learning capability, of course.

I really like the ability to LCD-label the set of 10 hard buttons at the top of the remote. You can have four *pages* of these commands per device (and up to 20 devices, I think), plus the huge set of hard buttons (again, device-relevant) on the bottom. The labeling, on a highly legible and backlit LCD, allowed me to put whatever commands I wanted there, without having to remember anything cryptic about their meanings.

I got a factory second from the place Ray mentioned. It was pristine and arrived quickly.

It is a VERY good remote. My wife is much happier now, which is really the measure of success on most things, especially this one.

I would be remiss if I did not publicly thank Ray for his very real and meaningful assistance in helping me get my MX-700 up and running. He graciously gave me the precious gift of his time, and I remain grateful.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem