Most other premium speaker companies have multiple lines. When comparing Axiom, which lines of B&W, Paradigm, Mission, Boston (to name a few) does Axiom best compare against? Basically, which ones are their actual competitor vs an unfair comparison.

Consider the following:

As I am in the process of upgrading my 30 y/o set (JVC, EPI 100, stereo only) just purchsed the Yamaha RSV750. Will run the EPI's in the interim as I look for HT that is solid for both music and movies. That virtually rules out HTiB, but will design around one company.

Loved B&W 602's but Paradigm's equaled/surpassed the sound at a little better value as could do a side-by-side at the same dealer. Then I see positive reviews on Axiom, with the obvious handicap of unable to audition (but a 30 day return option). In-home audition is far preferred to the controlled store anyway (Bose stores being the extreme example - no Bose wasn't on my short list, but I live in the land of outlet malls and couldn't resist walking in their store).

I keep reading the Axioms provide better "value" than premium brand "X". When I looked online, prices didn't seem any better than Paradigm MSRP (figure negotiated discount vs. no shipping/sales tax will offset each other.) On prices, I was comparing vs. Paradigm's Performance line (Atoms, Titans etc). To obtain that "value" is it better to compare Axiom against Paradigm's higher lines? Monitor Series? Studio Series?