i have a very big HT room(28x26x8) with M60's, QS8's, and the VP150. my viewing position is 11 feet from the tv. now, because the room is so wide and long, i had to put the QS8's in a not-so-optimal position. they are 1ft below the cieling, which is approx 3 to 3 1/2ft above the listening position, and about 1ft behind the listening position. now, keep in mind that they are on the wall, so they are about 11 to 12ft to each side of the listening position due to the width of the room.

now with that being said, i have no problems hearing my QS8,s/ during movies, or all channel stereo listening, they sound great. i had to bring the levels up a bit during calibration, but they blend very well to the whole mix. like i said, placement isnr perfect, but you can only deal with what you are given. i will say, that with the down firing speaker on the QS8, i think having them directly above the listening position(if you put them on rear wall) would be distracting. that just my opinion, i am not an expert.

good luck.. oh, and the T-brackets for the QS8s mount very easily to the wall.. just make sure to find a stud, cause these babies are pretty heavy.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??