My new M60s arrived today, and after the first 15 minutes, I'm thrilled.

They arrived in good condition. They were double-boxed and both outer boxes took some damage, but the inner boxes were fine.

These are Factory Outlet speakers, and so far I've only found three flaws. Both speakers have a small dull mark in the same spot on the left side, almost like tape residue, and one speaker is missing the Axiom nameplate in the front. I assume sticking on a new nameplate will be no problem. Overall, the vinyl finish looks better than I expected, and the speakers look a lot better than the speakers they're replacing.

Sound-wise, after reading Sonic Fox's review and a couple of others, I was afraid I wouldn't notice much difference right away. Well, I must have had really poor speakers, because the Axioms sound amazing. They're very clear and open, and make my old speakers sound very muddy. I'm happy with them, even if neither the speakers nor my ears "break in".

The speakers I'm replacing are a pair of huge Technics three-ways with dual 12" woofers that I bought in college. The rest of my equipment consists of a Hsu VTF-2 subwoofer, an old Panasonic CD changer that came with my wife, and a Sony STR-DE835 receiver. I still have Technics center and surround speakers that will hopefully be replaced by Axioms soon.