I agree with Chesseroo's comments regarding Axiom's subs... the issue that people seem to mention is finding cheaper subs in the same performance neighborhood rather than a lower level of quality in Axiom subs.

I've owned the Epic Master system (with EP-175 sub) for four months now, and could not be any happier with the entire system's performance. The EP-175 sub thunders in my viewing area of 20 X 12 with a 9 X 8 bumpout to the immediate right of the sub. This bumpout adds some complexity to the demand placed on the sub as it's a big "open hole" that it has to contend with, and it performs superbly.

Like Chesseroo, I was looking to keep the same finish on all my system speakers, and the boston cherry matches seamlessly with our entertainment center. Since my wife's approval was necessary in our getting a HT system, the aesthetics were very important. Approaching her with the thought of "a huge box" in the living room was tough, but when she saw how it integrated into the decor, I got the green light.

I've been very impressed with both its performance and its "looks". It has met my needs, and I recommend it without any hesitation at its price point.

lando

lando