Well today turned out to be complete shite. I guess it's Karma for the great day we had yesterday with the new carpeting.

The plumbers arrived today and commenced to thrash our downstairs living room wall and ceiling in search of our gas line. After six large holes in the wall, and another six even larger holes in the ceiling they found the line. Then announced that getting gas into our kitchen would be impossible without tearing apart the entire kitchen and upstair floor.

Now we have no gas, and 12 big holes to patch. Yippee! To make this story even more painful, we had another plumber stop by previously to give us an estimate. He told us everything these guys did without making a single hole. We just didn't trust/believe him. We'd had three other people say it could be done. Clearly they were all wrong. Grrrrr....

So it's electric stove time for us. Bleck. I if you look really hard for a silver lining the electrician I spoke with gave us some good news. Rather than needing an entirely new breaker box, he should be able to simply add another 40amp breaker to our existing one. So far he seems to be the only decent/honest contractor we've dealt with. Are most contractors slow/lazy/dishonest people? Geesh!