can anyone give me a logical explanation why the NBA playoffs take soooooooooo long to finish compared to the NHL? i mean, the NBA playoffs started the 3rd week of april, and here it is june, and they are still going. and i just read in the paper where they arent starting the finals series til sunday night, even though they decided the west and east champions last night.. why the 5 day break? they say the NBA players need 1 to 2 days break between each game, and yet i have seen in the NHL playoffs where they play 3 games in 4 nights. and, in my opinion, an NHL game is much more rough and physically demanding than an NBA game. why are they pampering those basketball players? it just dont make sense to me.

i am just getting sick and tired of the state of professional sports today. these guys get millions of dollars a year, to play a GAME. and then have the nerve to gripe and complain that they dont get enough money or comps.. BULL$HIT. i dont want to hear that. there probably aint gonna be an NHL season next year if the owners and the players union dont get it together. you got unrestricted baseball, where some teams WHOLE salary doesnt even match the salary of one high profile yankees player. then you get eli manning, the number one pick in the NFL draft, basically crying his way out of san diego, so he can go to the team he wants to.. since when does some rookie nobody change the rules of the draft?

im sorry.. i am just ranting now.. it just pisses me off evertime i see one of these "its all about me" stories about professional athletes. when its the real people like teachers, policeman, firefighters, the military, healthcare servers, and countless public volunteers that should be getting paid the 'big bucks'.

i will stop now.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??