Wow. Didn't realize what a hot debate this was. Cheeseroo, thanks for that thread. I read all the posts. Very interesting. What I don't understand is, why do people talk about breaking in speakers that cost thousands of dollars, and sound great? I auditioned the Monitor Gold series, and they are incredible sounding to me. I don't think you would need to tell someone they had to be broken in before they sounded good. So why does every review of these speakers say the open up after a period of break-in? I would wholeheartedly agree that break-in was a myth if it was being used to sell garbage speakers. But this "theory" is applied to speakers across the board.

That being said, I agree that there should be more concrete evidence, and speakers do take getting used to. The Axioms are very detailed at first listen, and if you haven't heard this kind of detail before, it may take some "getting used to." Anyway, I enjoyed reading that thread.

So can I ask a question on speaker placement:

I am going to wall-mount the QS8's with the supplied bracket. What is the general consensus on how high they should be? I have aboujt 9' ceilings - I was going to side mount about 7 feet. Any other suggestions? I don't have much of an option for how far forward or back they'll be because of a set of glass doors on the left side - the speaker will have to go behind them, so they could perhaps be slightly forward or flush with the listening position.

Thanks again everyone. Can't wait to get home. I'll post pics soon.

tjk