ringmir- the evil xtra "i".. slipped it in there on ya..

i can dig the position peter jackson was in.. trying to put on film, and be a fair representation to the books, was almost an impossible task.. but, i think its fair to say, that the majority of the people that saw these movies, never read these books.. so, for those people, they would have never missed the movie being cut down a little, cause they would never know what they were missing.. but, jackson being a true fan of the series, wanted to be as true to the books as he could. and as ya'll have mentioned, he still had to cut stuff out, and the movies were still loooooooooong.. you said that the parts that were cut out, "we sorely miss".. yes, "we" as in the people that read the books.. the die-hard fans.. and i have no prob with that. but like i was saying, the majority of people that went to the movies never read the books..

do i have a point, not really.. i just think they are long.. there good movies, i like them.. i just think they are long.. quit backin me into a corner here people.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??