EDIT: Oops, didn't beat the rush...

I'd go bigger than that if you can afford to. If cost is an issue, consider going with the Rx-v750 (very much like the 1400, with 100 watts/ch, and an abbreviated YPAO). I got one on eBay for $500 - a couple hundred cheaper than the 2400 will run you.

In a room your size, I'd go with the M60 or M80 (but the M22s may serve you well if you've got a good sub.) Think also about goign with the QS8s - they'll give you a bigger sonud in that room of yours - the 4s may be a little anemic. As for rear surrounds, think about the M2s. The center is another subject of debate - I have a room slightly smaller than yours, and I went with the VP100. Others really swear by their VP150. Just remember that laying an M22 on its side may cause wierd/undesirable soudn dispersion, and is really only recommended in its vertical orientation.

I realize that I've just spent a $1000 more than you were probably hoping. But, if your building a new home, consider it an investment.

Also, really take another look at that receiver, like I mentioned above. The 2400 is just a really powerful receiver that won't be of much use to you if you get 22s and QS4s...

Others, I'm sure, will also give you their opinion....

Welcome to teh boards. Have fun, and congrats on the new system (to be).

Last edited by Capn_Pickard; 06/08/04 07:38 PM.