Hello folks, I just bought my AXIOM speaker consisting of M50, vp100 and QS4 and my receiver would be onkyo tx-ds797. I am a newbie, and would like to ask some advice if my speaker placement is okay or not. Here are my room info:
room size=17x14, ceiling=8ft, distance from TV screen to the listening position is about 11ft, distance from left front speaker to right speaker is around 9ft and the right side is an open space. now my 2 Qs4 surround will be wall mounted, unfortunately on the right side wall where I suppose to mount the surround speaker (following the standard measurement of 2-3ft from ear level), there was a big square hole (sort of window for breakfast countertop), hence in order for me to wall mount the speaker, i have to mount it about 45inches or 3.75 ft measuring from ear level up to the bottom of the Qs4. finally the 6th speaker which is a QS4 will be mounted at the back and the measurement will be around 4ft from ear level.

Can anyone here give me an advise if this setup is okay? Also I would like to ask for some recommendation on speaker wires....and lastly does anyone have tried using Acoustic REsearch PS1212 Sub for Axiom speakers?

Thanks,
seanandredj