It's funny this should come up. I have been auditioning my new system that includes the M22's as my main speakers. I have been set up for about two weeks now. I have mainly been watching movies. Well, my wife and son went shopping this weekend and I found myself in an empty house. So I decided to do a little "Test". I ran the gambit starting with Classical. My choices were John Williams and Wagner. A few of the tracks knocked me back given the sonic properties of classical music. Wagner especially got me going. The horns, strings and bass drum sounded so clear and crisp. Then I moved to Jazz. There were a little less dynamics here. Not nearly as much bass as I would have thought. But the selections I chose were recorded 40+ years ago. That said, Miles Davis and John Coltrane sounded fantastic. I then moved on to Rock. I slipped Tom Petty "Echo" into the CD player and sunk into the couch. There is one particular track that I like "Swingin". I decided to crank it up a bit. BTW I am using a HK AVR-630. I only got to -15db and had to stop. This CD seems to be recorded at a higher level then some. The whole room was rocking pretty good. And to think these speakers can handle 200WPC! I liken the M22 to a fine motorcycle. You can ride two ways. One is to take it easy and shift around 4000 RPM. If you want a little excitement give a little extra twist of the throttle bring it up to 7000 RPM and hang on. So go ahead and crank it up every once in a while. Just don't subject your ears to high volume for sustainded periods or time. You only get two per lifetime.

-Tom