Wall-mounting was my first plan: My wife's perference is for a small satellite system (Energy, etc.). However, after reading all the positive reviews on Axiom speakers (sound quality, value, etc.), I'm not prepared to give up so much music sound quality just for the minimalist looks of the satellite-type systems.

However, when considering the M22s in a wall mount configuration, it no longer met with the elusive WAF. The front of our TV sits 5 inches off the wall, so having the M22's sitting 10.5"+ off the wall (9.5" speakers + wall mounts) scored zero on the cosmetic front.

The one draw back to putting the M22's (or M60s, etc) close to the floor is that I have a 1 year old who loves to explore... Hope those grills are reasonably well-fastened!

Thanks for all the info and links. Very interesting read. I originally didn't think closer to the floor was an option, but I'm now encouraged by some of your ideas.

All of the following seem like reasonable options to explore:
- M22's on 12-14" stands (might affect sound quality slightly...)
- M22's very close to the floor but tilted upwards slightly (doesn't hurt to try it out)
- M60s
- M2i's on top of the TV console (next to the center channel) (But I'm afraid I'll be slightly disappointed after reading about the M22's