I am not trying to highjack the thread, but I didn't want to start yet another 7.1 discussion, so...

I was inches away from pulling the trigger on 2 additional QS8s to add the rear surrounds for a 7.1 setup. But, I decided to temporarily position 2 bose 301s back there to better understand what 7.1 adds.

Now, I realize the 301s will not come close to the Qs series axioms, but I must say I have been extremely disappointed with what little the 7.1 actually adds. Could this be the speakers I'm using as a test back there ?? -- or is the mastering just not that good. Even the 6.1 ES on the Lord Of the Rings didn't knock my socks off. If someone has had a better experience with 7.1, maybe you could clue me in. I fished the speaker wire already, and have mounts up for the QS speakers...

Also, there doesn't seem to be a lot of choices in movies that utilize the format. I Admit, Direct 7 channel stereo sounds pretty good for some CDs. It seems to fill the room up, and gets VERY loud!

Sorry for the OT.

{It's been months since I got my axioms, and the novelty has yet to wear off. Unfortunately, I'm buying more DVDs and CDs to keep up...}