First, a big thank you to EVERYONE for keeping this thread civil (and thus undeleted).

In reply to:

Does your world view permit the possibility that not only is a religious war being waged against non Muslims by Muslims but that nothing is required of you other than your religion and being in the wrong place at the wrong time for you to be a player here?

My world view is quite a bit wider than yours, I think. I am not blind to the violence that is being brought upon non-muslims by radical muslims. People without respect for human life, regardless of nationality or religion, are evil. It doesn't matter if Paul worked for a company that helped put Apache attack helicopters in the air. He was a human being, and his life was sacred. His being an American is immaterial to the value of his life.

I am also not blind to the fact that most muslims are NOT radicals and are decent human beings, to boot. There is really much less difference between a (non-US) Muslim and a US citizen as you might think. We all just want to live safe, peaceful lives -- and make money.

Last edited by pmbuko; 06/21/04 10:46 PM.