Hi Guys,

Has anyone had any problems with there HK 630? Mine was working great up until 2 days ago.

I have owned it for a month now and up until two days ago I didn't even realize it had a fan in it. When it turns on it is really noticeable.

At first it was no big deal to my, it was just the receiver wanting to cool itself down. Then it kept doing it every 10 15 minutes? The wierd thing is that I wasn't playing anything loud at all! I had the volume at about -40 and was watching Pulp Fiction in DD.

Then, the receiver shut itself off! I thought, okay, maybe I hit the power button by accident. I turned it back on and in about a minute it shut itself off again! I felt the unit, it was hot, but not super hot. There was no smell coming from it either.

I recently re-arranged my livingroom (2 days ago, coinicidence?) and I am using a different plug-in. The power bar I am using is pretty much full and is a cheap one.

My set-up is a VP150, M60's, QS8's and a SVS sub. Have any of the HK630 users on this board had an issue like this? I really hope that I don't have to send this away for a warranty repair. I live in Canada and I purchased this from the US. Due to CSA I will have to send it back to the US to get looked at if it does need some work.

One more thing, it has been hot in Calgary the last couple of days and I do not have air conditioning. It has been pretty warm in the house all day (around 77-79 degrees 26 celcius) do you think that could cause a problem?

"HK 630, M60's, QS8's, M22's, VP150, SVS 20-39PCi, Denon 2200, Hitachi 50V500"