Got my HK 630 tonite! Hot damn this thing is cool. I've been a cheap ass too long, finnaly got some Dolby Digital love in my home.

Anyway gotta question; I know this thing does not have upconversion to component (not using any component). This question is in reguards to composite and S Video.

I hooked the AVR to the TV with S Video. On screen display works and all that... I hooked the DVD to the AVR with composite and the picture wasn't displaying on the TV (heard the sound). Switched the output on the AVR to composite to the TV and saw the DVD source.

...weird

So I get to moving connections around etc etc and all of a sudden it works fine! I could use S Vid or composite in any combination between the TV, AVR and DVD.

...weirder

So for testing I currently have the S Vid from the AVR to the TV's video1 and the composite on the AVR to the TV's video2. Can see the on screen display using either source. DVD works fine on both using S Vid to the AVR. Now add in VCR using composite to the AVR... back to the previous issue where the picture only displays on the TV when I output from the AVR with composite!

What is going on and what did I do to fix the same issue before!?