Hi, I finally able to setup (Hardware setup) my HT, and during the receiver setting setup (while reading the onkyo manual), there are some settings which i need to verify to anyone who uses onkyo tx-ds797 (I believe Cheeseroo has). Some of my question is a generic question to proper setting the HT system, so if you can provide me some advise to experience my Axiom speakers i'll appreciate it.

SYSTEM:
receiver:Onkyo tx-ds797
speakers:front l/r M50ti, center - vp100, surround l/r/back - QS4.

1. The ONKYO manual says in order to experience THX, you need to set all your speakers settings to "small". But then some of the magazine review that I read, says for front speakers if you are using Floor standing, set it to "Large". Can anyone tell me what setting should I really select in order to experience my speakers?

2. This is basically for those who have TX-DS797, when I first tried my setup using my TV Stereo out as my Source, I can't hear anything on my speakers (my volume level is already at 30 (max volume level is 100) not in db). At first I thought there's a problem either on my receiver audio inputs or connections, so I switch to VCR as my source, but still I'm not hearing anything. I'm already thinking of returning back my receiver but decided to give one last attempt by adjusting the volume up, then at volume level 50 i started hearing the sounds. So my question for those who have the same receiver that I have, is this normal? I haven;t tried the DVD yet as I am still waiting for my digital and component cables to arrive.

I know this is off the topic, so if you want please just email me your reply at seanandredj@cs.com. If you could also give me some audio setup advise for your tv, vcr, cd and dvd source (such as listening mode, pl11 or neo6 etc etc) to achieve and experience the best sounds that I am seeing on this forum for the axiom speakers, i really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance....