Here's the apparent reason they no longer sell to Canadians:

From redflagdeals.com

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79420

"At Christmas I ordered and received an Onkyo Receiver and it had some minor problems. To Ecost’s benefit, they did offer me a full refund if I returned it within 30 days. I figured it would be easier and quicker to get it repaired by Onkyo Canada (as it was a refurb anyway and Ecsot takes weeks to deliver).

When I contacted Onkyo Canada they were livid and said Ecost shouldn’t have sold the unit to me, as I live in Canada. I then contacted Onkyo US and they said they wouldn’t honour the warranty – because, you guessed it, I lived in Canada. Well, I figured somebody should honour the advertised 1 year warranty. So I complained loudly to Ecost.com and Onkyo USA (who was ultimately selling the units). My intention was to make sure Canadians had a real warranty (after 30 days). After a long battle, both a manager from Onkyo USA and one from Ecost phoned me (I had to walk the Ecost manager through the online processes of ordering a unit from his own site – as he didn’t believe it was possible to order a unit to Canada). Unfortunately, in the end all they did was reassure me that Ecost would never sell an Onkyo product to a Canadain again. Not what I wanted. Sorry folks!"