Hello Capn_Pickard,

Interesting thought on the panning. The left center will be about 8'6" from the left main, and the right center will be 5'8" from the right main. There is an opening to the dining room to the left of the seating area, that is why there is a difference in spacing on the left. So there is a lot of distance between the mains and the center speakers, so pans should be distinct from the centers to the mains.

I remeasured the angles from the center of the TV to the left and right outboard recliners that are on either side of the couch, they are about 65 degrees off axis. To include these recliners would be difficult, since that gives a 130 degree coverage area from one side to the other.

Even 2 speakers for the center will not include them in the sweet spot for the center, it is a difficult seating arrangement to accomodate.

Maybe if I utilize my pre-amp outputs from the HK 630 and an external amp, I could drive another set of M2i and angle them out to include the outboard chairs. I will only do this if 2 does not give crisp dialogue to those 2 seating positions.

Decisions, decisions. Isn't audio fun?

Thanks,

TonyM