The thing about SUVs is that in an accident involving an SUV and a standard passenger car, a significant amount more damage is done to the car than in a comparable accident involving two cars. Granted, the person in the SUV is much safer. (Roll overs aside.)

As for the woman who climbed my hood, she probably let go of the gas as soon as she felt the impact, the thing went up the hood surprisingly fast. It was extremely disconcerting that if she had held it down a second or so longer my face would have been smashed in. A sedan would not have climbed my hood like that.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against people who drive SUVs. I don't drive around thinking angry thoughts to myself whenever I see one or anything. I just personally feel they are excessive for the most part, and more potentially hazardous than the standard issue sedan. (On a driver for driver basis of course.)

Think about it this way, would you rather a drunk driver hit you with a Ford Explorer or a Mazda Protege?

There are certainly people out there who genuinely need to have an SUV or a minivan, and who really wants a minivan? But there are also people out there who buy their 16 year old daughters SUVs so they (the daughter) will be safer while driving around...

So SUV owners, the thing to take away from this is to be thoughtful. You are driving a car that will make minced meat of many other things on the road.

[black]-"The further we go and older we grow, the more we know, the less we show."[/black]