littleb:

The dispersion of the M22ti's tweeter off-axis (the same tweeter is used on the M60s and M80s) both laterally and vertically is good enough that I've found that the stand height isn't critical to achieving a convincingly broad and deep soundstage.

It's more a psychological effect. You may prefer the soundstage higher up, which is what will happen using the 24-inch stands. I used those initially to bring the M22s to roughly the same height as the TV screen. Previously I had them on the 16-inch stands, so the soundstage seemed lower. If you play around a bit with positioning, the character of the M22ti's soundstage--its 3-dimensional quality with good recordings and the ability to image beyond the borders of the speaker enclosures--remains consistent at either height. Using the tweeters-at-ear-height guideline is fine, but I don't find it nearly as critical with the M22. They are very adaptable and accommodating to different setups in my experience.

Now, when I switch to various floorstanders nearby, the soundstage moves lower. I find I prefer the higher soundstage and you may too.

Regards,

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)