Hi Stimpy

I've had the M50Ti, M22Ti, M3Ti, and M2e speakers, all with the 1" titanium tweeter. I also have Michaura speakers which use the same aluminum drivers as the Axioms, but use the 3/4" Titanium tweeter which Axiom used on the Mzeros, M1s, M2s, QS4s, Merak speakers (non horn tweeter models).

The Michaura M665s have 2 x 6.5" drivers; 1 x 5.25" and the 3/4" Titanium tweeter; The M66s have 2 x 6.5" drivers + 3/4" Tweeter; M55s 2 x 5.25" drivers and the smaller tweet.

The M66s and M55s compare very favorably to the M3Tis even though the former use the smaller tweeter. Highs are pure, sweet and crystaline. I prefer all the speakers in this first flight to the M22Tis. The M665s seem to lack something of the smooth integration of drivers and tweeters that the others enjoy.

The M3Tis have a cap and resistor for the tweeter, but the driver runs free. I think that is the reason the M3s have such a pure sound.

So, bottom line for me is that the Axiom 3/4" titanium tweeter is no slouch and holds its own against the 1" tweeter.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.