Hello Armand

I have a pair of Michaura M55s, very similar to the Axiom M22s in my stereo system. I have an Antique Sound Labs MG S1 15DT integrated tube amp, 5 watts per channel in triode. These can be found for between $600-750 new, $400-500 used. I upgraded it with a Coincident power cord, 1962 GE 12AX7 tubes and a pair of Svetlana KT88s. My source is an Ah! Njoeb Tjoeb tube output CD player with upgraded power cord, British Ediswan tube upgrades, and a pair of OP amp Burr Brown 627s. Interconnects are Maple Audio (also Canadian) Ambiance, speaker wire are the strangely thin Mapleshade Clearview Double Golden Helix Plus cables. I upgraded the resistors in the Michaura speakers with Caddocs and the capacitors with big Jensen paper/oil caps. To fill in between 35Hz and 60Hz I use a little Velodyne 8" sub.

This system is way under $3,000, the upgraded Ah! CDP the most expensive component. It is unbelievably sweet, accurate, fluid, realistic and musical sounding.

BTW, if you're uneasy about the 5 watt per channel part, this strange combination plays music at normal listening levels without any problem whatsoever. The M22tis are very efficient and will be no problem for the ASL 5wpc.

Sounds better for 2 channel than my 130 watt per channel Onkyo 797 driving a pair of M60 like Michaura M665s with Klipsch LF10 sub with Toshiba SD9200 DVD Audio Player (which sounds pretty darn amazing in its own right).

Anyway, something to think about.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.