Hi folks,

I was diving into the world of Tivo yesterday... unfortunately, ended up into an empty pool .
Apperantly, I didn't do enough research -- and therefore my excitement quickly turned into repacking the unit and sending back. Here's my situation; any pointers from TIVO experts would be appreciated. My apologies up front for this being somewhat OT, from Home Theatre.

AS it turns out the TIVO box comes with 2 option for hooking up: the usual red, white and yellow component, and S-vidio. It has to be place in the loop with my digital cable box. Here was my problem. I have a High defintion box from comcast -- and while they have all these extra inputs/outputs -- the current firmware within the box doesn't let you take advantage of any of the extras -- it's the RGB components or nothing for high definition to work.

Well to say the least -- I was disappointed.

I understand TIVO has a $1000 high def box coming out that might do the trick, but I'm not in postion to drop a grand on that. Should I begin looking into a satlilite solution that might give me more options? I heard some of the direct TV options come with a DVR option. Switching to Satlelite would be good, since I'm really getting price gauged from comcast.

I will do some of my own research, but thought one of you guy already went down this path and had a quick answer for me.

BTW, (I saw that the new release of the movie "Dirty Dancing"was mastered in 6.1ES, hehehe) not that I'm a big fan of that movie, but I found it as a sign -- it's only a matter of time before they all are going to be 6.1!) I'm slowly being converted to the 7.1 one club. some of the actual 5.1ex sounds great with options on the Yammy amp expecially the "neo-cinema" option. Once a skeptic, now a believer. It does add something!

BB