Hmmm...seems like a good opportunity to do some rambling.

I sometimes find that I get better service dealing with (primarily) internet-based businesses than I do with b&m retailers (although most of those have some sort of internet presence).

Example:
My experienc with Axiom vs. Tweeter (retailer here in the northeast) - night and day. Tweeter wasn't bad but I don't need a pinhead with a pocket protector talking down to me when I have questions - I don't find the environment there to be inviting at all..and they tried to push that Bose crap on me (no thanks). Dealing with Axiom, Outlaw, SVS, and Hsu was a far more pleasurable experience and they all have tried to go the extra mile when I asked for help.

Pricing is one of those things that's a real crap shoot. Sometimes b&m retailers do OK, and you can find plenty of internet resellers that have inflated prices. It always pays to shop around and I can do that much quicker on the internet.

Definitely don't like the MAP concept - manufacturer (mandated) advertised pricing, right? I much prefer a competitive market. Let the resellers decide what prices they will advertise, but require (by whom, I don't know) more truth in advertising. You should know upfront without having to dig through fine print and remembering to ask all the right questions whether a product carries a warranty or not. How that happens I have no idea - just my idealism at work.

Just my 2 cents.