In reply to:

Yeah, those digital connections and DAC'S where engineered for nothing.

First of all, if you use the digital connection, the DVD player's DACs won't be involved at all. Look at the acronym: Digital to Analog Converter.

When you use the digital connection on the DVD player, the digital data on the disc is sent directly to your receiver and is converted to analog using the receiver's DAC.

When you use the analog connection on the DVD player, the digital data on the disc is coverted to analog using the DVD player's DAC and is then sent to the receiver.

There is little to no practical difference in DAC quality. Although, techinically, the specs of the DAC in the DVD-2200 are superior to the DACs in my AVR-884. So if there was a difference in DAC quality, it would be in favor of using analog connections.

There are only two real reasons I can think of to use the digital connections:

1) Your receiver supports digital decoding in a format which your player does not support (which is almost certainly not the case here).

2) You would prefer to run just one wire. However, it is worth noting that the digital connection either outputs a lowered-quality signal or no signal at all with some of the high-quality formats.

Still, as I said in my previous post, I am open to the possibility of the digital connection sounding better and will test it for myself.