ola guys, simple question here.

my sister and brother-in-law came down to visit for the weekend, and they have been really digging my surround system. JB(brother-in-law) asked me what kind of system i could build for him for around $1000 bucks total(receiver, speakers, sub, cd/dvd, and cables).. i first told him, "not much of one", but after looking, i think maybe i can..

i found some good refurb receivers and dvd players cheap, and the dayton sub from parts express for $125.. but i am a little concerned with the rest of the speakers. well, here is my main concern.

i am lookin to get him the M3Ti's for fronts with the VP100 center. i was wondering everyones opinion in using the M2's or M3's as the side surrounds in a 5.1 set-up. the QS4's take us out of the price range, and the QS8's are OUT of the question, so i am looking to try and save some cash with the 2's or 3's. ?? tell me what ya'll think? will they be OK as surrounds?

keep in mind, this is for a guy who has NEVER even had a good stereo. they have been listening to tv and movies out of the TV speaker for years. any improvement will seem drastic to them.

all opinions are welcome, and keep in mind, we are on a STRICT $1000 dollar budget. now i gotta start lookin for some cheap cables.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??