Glad you had the proof regarding manufacturer recommendations that I did not.

Regarding automobile break in vs. electronics break in, I think there would be some substantial differences between the two. Not being an engineer, I think (and could always be proven wrong) that the stresses of an internal combustion engine is going to affect the steel and aluminum parts that make up the engine in ways that may determine whether a failure will happen. I was always under the impression that the auto-break in has in fact more to do with not overstressing those parts vs. any perception of better performance. As far as electronics are concerned, I think the circuits of a receiver, for example, aren't likely to undergo stresses to the same degree that a car engine would...your mileage may vary!

As far as accepting other viewpoints is concerned, I never have a problem with that. I do feel that unless someone can prove under controlled testing that there really is something to break in then the audio press in particular should avoid propagating the break in theory. Individuals should do whatever gives them peace of mind.

'website sites' - Sorry for the mistake. I saw it right after I submitted my post. No matter how many times I proof my posts, I seem to let a spelling or grammatical mistake slip by.