Hello people,

I need some help/idea about the DD-EX 6.1 setup "problem" that I have. I am not sure if this only happening to my receiver or not, but anyway here is the what I am experiencing:

My Setup in case you want to know:
front - M60ti
center - vp150
surround - 3 piece Qs4 Left/Right and 1 back
Sub - svs
receiver - onkyo tx-ds797 THX select DD-EX DTS-ES
Test/Calibration sw - Sound & vision HT guide dvd & THX audio test that comes with the THX dvd movies (Star Wars Episode 1).

What's happening:

When I try to calibrate my system using S&V disc, using the 6.1 test tone calibration option, i found out that there's no sounds coming out of my back surround when the test tone runs a test on the back surround but instead divide the sounds between my left and right surround speaker.

I tried to use the Speaker calibration test on my receiver instead of the test dvd and everything seems to be normal, i am hearing a sound coming out to my back surround when it test the back surround.

Next Test, I tried to watch a DD-EX movie, I use Star Wars Episode 1 for this and prior to watching the movie, I did a THX audio test that comes with the dvd. Again, when it sends a test tone to my back surround, no sound was coming out to my back surround speaker, instead it again spread/divide the sounds to my left and right speaker, thus I am hearing the back surround test tone to my left and right surround speaker instead to the back surround speaker.

So anybody experiencing or tried this in their system? I checked and follow the instructions on my receivers manual and I guess my settings are all correct or maybe I'm missing something. Can anyone help me on this?

I'll appreciate all your responses.

Thanks