I recently purchased a pair of Axiom M22's, and I was very impressed by them. Much more bass than what I expected, based on reading a review. Treble and midrange are great; yea I'm new to all this, so bear with me!
I had visited one of the local high end shops, before I bought the M22's,and the guy said they had just started carrying JMlab speakers. I listened to the Chorus 706, and they sounded great. So I wanted to bring them home and compare them with the Axioms. I have an Onkyo TX-8511 Reciever,low/mid-fi I know, and the Axioms sounded better to me. Because of the dual drivers, the M22's produced more bass, which gave them a more full-range sound. As far as the upper ranges, they were pretty much the same; at least to my 'untrained ears'. Plus the M22's are $50 cheaper, and have a 30 day trial period.
I just wanted to share my experience with these speakers with everyone here, for what it's worth.
In the near future, I plan to upgrade to an NAD, Rotel etc. so that should make my M22's sound even better.
My CD player is an Integra CDC-3.1 ; a 6 cd, carousel. Is this a pretty good piece? Mid-fi, or low-end high-fi?
I would like to have a true high-end system one day, but it will be one piece at a time!

Thanks
Danny