I am hoping I can either get an answer to the question or advice on how I can find out the answer myself.

I have the klipsch promedia 4.1 for use with my PC. This is the first edition that has a total of 400watts (RMS) power. 200 for the sub and 4x50 for the 4 satellites. It was later revised to 4x80 and the sub at 80 (the one in the link).
I wonder if I can use the Klipsch sub/amp to power a pair of or two pairs of M2s until I can (piecemeal) get a cheap 5.1 receiver to use instead. Wiring from the sub to the M2s would not be a problem (there are no proprietary connections), but I wonder/worry about there being enough power.
So my question would be “How do I find out if the sub/amp can push enough juice to the M2s”? Would it be a good idea to get or borrow some speakers to test it first?

Is there anyone out there who has a setup similar to what I am thinking of?

Also, I wonder if anyone is already using a 5.1 receiver and an Audigy 2ZS for their PC gaming/movie/goodness. If so, how do you have it connected? Digital out? Some from of jerry-rigged wiring? Are there any cheap-o receivers for this duty that anyone would recommend?

jr

Maybe I’m just looking for an excuse to buy more speakers from Axiom….

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." C Hitchens