first off, welcome.. i guess i will take the first shot since no one else has..

for $2200, you should be able to build a real nice HT system. 1st, speakers.. the 22's are great speakers for a room your size, as long as they are matched up with a good sub, which we will talk about later. i think you SHOULD ge ahead and get the full 5.1 set-up with a center speaker and surrounds. with a room that size, the VP100, and the QS4's will be more than adequate to produce the quantity and quality of volume you are gonna need. in fact, i think they will still suit your needs once you move into a bigger room, if thats in your near future.

2nd, receiver. i noticed you listed the onkyo 502 and the denon 884. both of those receivers will serve you well. but, if you wish to save a few bucks, look for deals on the last years model receivers, like the onkyo 501, 601 or the denon 1803 or 2803. you can often find great deals on refurb and b-stock equip on ECOST.COM, MACMALL.COM, and DAKMART.COM. just check under the audio/receiver section of each site, and you should find some great deals. just make sure to look for a receiver with at least 5.1, minimum of 75-80 watts per channel, and DTS and Dolby Digital decoding. almost ALL receivers will have multiple inputs/outputs, high DAC processing, lots of DSP modes, and plenty of other bells and whistles. you should be able to find a very good receiver to fit your needs in the $400 range.

i am not very experienced with cd/dvd players, so i dont feel confident enough to guide you in any particular direction. i know denon products are very good, but i dont wish to mislead you, so hopefuuly someone with a little more knowledge will speak up on the cd/dvd player issue.

now to the sub.. it is very important to get the best 'bang for buck' deal on a good sub. i would suggest going with an HSU or SVS sub. you can find a great sub for $300-$400 bucks that will be your best bet. it is very important to get a good sub to fill the low end void that is left with the M22's.

OK, that is my best shot. make sure to look for good deals, and dont shy away from b-stock or refurb.. they are just as good as new most of the time, other than maybe a scratch or two. you can also check the axiom factory outlet to get speakers even cheaper than regular price. good luck, and keep us posted as to your progress.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??