Hello to all. I've learned a great deal reading the posts here in this forum. I'm in the process of designing my HT and have decided to go with the Axiom speakers. I will be doing a 7.1 HT and I've got a couple of questions regarding the QS8 surrounds and their placement.

1. A lot of the literature that I've read shows two basic placements for surrounds. The first is at 110 degrees (20 degrees behind the listener) with the "null" area pointed at the listener. The second both speakers having the null area pointed at each other inline with the listener's ears at a 90 degree angle from the front center channel. Which one of these works best for the QS8?

2. Regarding 7.1 rear channel placement, I've read that the speakers should be at least 4 feet apart on the back wall, but I've yet to find a recommended distance from the back of the listener's head to the back wall. Any suggestions?

3. I've also read a lot of debates over whether to use dipoles or direct-radiating speakers for the back channels in 7.1. I have not however seen anything said about quadpoles like the QS8's. Which speakers would work better for the back channels, the QS8's (which I will already have for my side surrounds) or a pair of M22ti's?

Thanks in advance for any info.

BigMikey