A web page would be so useful. Not for making a final choice, you still need samples for that. But for eliminating the mass of choices.

I thought hard about a custom finish. Hey, I'm a custom finish kind of guy. But with no good visual aid, I couldn't even narrow it down to a few best choices. I didn't want to ask for a hundred samples, so I just dropped it and went with basic black. Even though I had never seen it either, it was still the most known of a set of unknowns.

So that's one data point.

Axiom, you are losing money by not doing this. It's a win-win.

Some suggestions:
I would like to see an introductory view that showed each finish with every possible grill cloth, maybe all of one finish to a page. These help people screen out the great majority of combinations.
A secondary view might be some code that would allow users to side-by-side any two arbitrary finish/grill combos. Lots of play value there. This helps people make more difficult choices.
It is possible to model the finishes on actual speaker geometry. That's the best. It costs though. If you need less, just place a smaller grill image directly inside a larger finish image. Make the area each occupies roughly representative of a "generic" sized speaker. You don't absolutely need the real shape to make a finish decision. Get the relative image scales correct, and work to a 800x600 screen size.

Larry 5.1 M22/VP100/QS8/PB1-ISD