Okay, here's the scoop: Divorced last year - she got the house and I got the home theater. I bought a new house (much smaller than the old one). Want to upgrade my home theater.

Current setup:

TV: 51" Panasonic HDTV

Receiver: Dennon 2805 (LOVE IT! just upgraded to it last month from a crappy Kenwood)

Mains: Klipch KG-4's (circa 1986 - Damn fine speakers for stereo despite their age, but nothing matches their timbre)

Center: Klipch SC-1 (Bought 2 months ago. Brighter than the older fronts. Not bad, but may sell and buy one that matches fronts when I buy new)

Surrounds: Optimus PRO LX5's (Had for several years. Very nice for cheap speakers. Linaeum tweeter is great).

Sub: Mirage FRx-S8 (very musical sub, but not very loud at all)

I have been lurking here for about a month and have read most everything posted in the last six months (Guess you can tell I haven't started dating yet!)

I want to buy new mains next, with the presumption that I will be replacing my remaining speakers with speakers from the same line within a year – except for the sub, which I am leaning towards SVS.
I am budgeting $800 - $1,000 for the mains, although I would prefer to lean towards the low end. I have listened to quite a few speakers, and I am most impressed with the Infinity Beta 50's. They seem to be very neutral, and have excellent bass. Has anyone A-B'd these against Axiom M60's?
After reading many of your praises of the M60's, I am sure they are very fine speakers, but like many people am unsure about buying them without auditioning them first. Anyone in central Pennsylvania with Axioms? It looks like there are a couple of people in the D.C. and Philadelphia areas (about same distance from me), but I would rather not drive for 3 hours!

Sorry for such a long post. Your advice and opinions will be welcomed.

[blue]No matter where you go, there you are [/blue]