I just hooked up my new Denon 2200 last Friday and I haven't been able to put in a regular CD since!!

I started out with Fleetwood Mac - Rumours (DVD-A), and Tesla - Some Live Show (DVD-A).

Rumours sounds awesome, I don't know how else to describe it. The Tesla one is really fun (if you like metal), it makes you feel like you are in the concert.

Then I couldn't stop, Monday came, and I picked up Metallica - Metallica (DVD-A), and the soundtrack from Oh Brother - Where Art Though (SACD).

When the drums kick in on "The Unforgiven" I was just floored, that song really stands out on the Metallica SACD. The rest is good as well though.

I was a little disapointed with the Oh Brother - Where Art Thou (SACD). The soundtrack in the movie was awesome. In particular, I was really excited about the scene where Delmar runs down into the river to get "saved" during the baptism scene. On the DVD there is an amazing choir singing, and it just sounds absolutely spectacular in DD5.1. This SACD is recorded in stereo, and has this choir song sung by Allison Krause, with the choir as a background. She is a great singer, but I was really hoping for an awesome 5.1 choir singing in my livingroom. It is still an awesome sounding SACD, I just prefer 6 speakers to 3.

Yesterday, Wednesday, I went out looking for two more. I found Miles Davis - Kind of Blue (SACD), and I was also looking for Joe Satriani - Strange Beautifull Music (SACD). Joe was nowhere to be found, I may have to order this one from Amazom or something.

Miles Davis is the first Jazz CD I have ever purchased. It won't be my last. If all of his SACD's are master by whomever mastered this one, I will buy them all.

I can't stop. Has anyone found a reliable retailer in their area that has a good supply of SACD, DVD-A's. If anyone in Calgary has found a place please share it!!

"HK 630, M60's, QS8's, M22's, VP150, SVS 20-39PCi, Denon 2200, Hitachi 50V500"