Hey all,

It's been a while since I've posted around here. I've been really busy with a trial that lasted a couple of weeks. Interesting case. We were able to squeeze about as much blood from the stone as we could - and ended up settling the case for a fair sum.

Anyway - on to the problems that I've been having.

So far, the AXIOMS have been pretty unbelievable. (I'm still meaning to post some pics). They're clear, powerful and enveloping, with a really great sound stage. I started getting a loud hum in my surroudn speakers about three weeks ago. this started right after I spliced the cable into a second bedroom (which ran from the line going into the main TV room).

I believe that the hum is caused by the cable (cause it stops when I unhook the cable from the wall....). I now have two options: Unhook the cable that I have spliced, and try to run a different line from somewhere else (sort of a huge pain in the @ss). Or, I could get a ground breaker/isolation transformer similar to this.

Does anybody have any experience with these devices (i.e. do they help to eliminate ground hum? and if so, do they eliminate them entirely etc.?) Also, I have seen soem "fancier" ones on eBay and elsewhere selling for $50. Are these different than the one shown, and will it do more than this one? They appear to be very similar to the casual observer.

Any help you can give would be awesome. And, as always, and suggestions from "outside the box" are welcome, b/c God knows, I'm bound to miss things.

Thanks in advance. (Oh, and welcome back Bren)