I just purchased some Outlaw gear-950 Pre/Pro, 770 Amp (7 X 200 W) and the LFM-1 subwoofer. All great value for the money that have made my home theatre come alive with the best sound I have ever owned! I don't suppose I will ever go back to a receiver after hearing this setup-night and day difference between Outlaw gear and my Marantz receiver. I currently have entry level Paradigm speakers (Phantom Towers, Titan Surrounds, CC 270 Centre) and of course want to upgrade these as well.
My room is 25' X 20' X 8' and I enjoy both movies and music equally as well with a slight edge to more movie watching.
I have religiously read the Axiom forum and am confident in purchasing their product (7.1 system-2 M80's, VP 150C, 4 QS8 surrounds) as they seem to be the Outlaw's of the speaker world. However, my local stero store carries the Monitor Audio line (Silver 8's etc, Gold series are incredible but too $$) and these too are beautiful speakers to listen to but also are pricier than the Axioms. As well, I have read great things on the Rockets( 750 Sigs,etc-perhaps pricier than the Axioms) so I am as confused as ever just when I thought it was Axiom for sure.
Can anyone steer me in the right direction for this important "next" upgrade. Anyone own these systems or compared these same lines?
Thanks in advance