Hey everyone,

I have been reading the message board here for a few weeks and must admit that I am being bitten by the Axiom bug! I am looking at upgrading my speakers - considering the M50's or M60's, EP350 and VP150.

My delima is this...My HT setup is a HT/family room. The room measures approximately 13'W x 28'L by 9'H. When we built this room we had custom cabinets built to hold the A/V equipment. This custom cabinet approach seemed popular at the time. Anyway, the problem with this situation is that the speakers are going to be placed inside cabinets.

The speakers cabinets (I'm mainly concerned with the mains and sub) are about 60"H x 20"W x 19"D. I want to place the mains(M50's or M60's) on shelves that would be about 24" high. That leaves me about 23" under one of the shelves to place the sub. The centre would be in a similar enclosure above the TV. The centre channel enclosure is shaped to fit a centre speaker.

Given these contraints, any advice on what to expect from the axioms in this situation. The speakers are going in the cabinets...period. That can't be undone.

I was thinking of going with the M50 because they aren't as deep as the 60's. If I keep them at the very front of the cabinet, I'm left with 5 or 6 inches behind them. The 60's just seem too big for that enclosure.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. BTW, my current speakers don't seem to suffer greatly, as far as I can tell, from being in the cabinets. They are Sony towers and a small Energy center, no sub.

Joe