Saturn,
I really appreciate the offer since some of the locals here that have access to boutique names never seem to get around to giving me the items which they say will change the sound in my system. Either that or the units they have they cannot lend out b/c they are too precious or borrowed.
Mind you, Calgary is about a 16 hour drive from Winnipeg. Regina is about 6. Thunder Bay about 7. We really are in the middle of nowhere.

However, i may still pick up a Rega cdp in the next couple of months if that is one of those units touted as sounding different from ye olde generic Toshibas, Panasonics and Denons. My wife really likes the look of the star trekky transport and i am interested in seeing if one of the boutique models really has a more quiet and reliable transport when it comes to wear and tear over time. I can probably get one for a reasonable price so it is not going to be in that >$1000 category, more like $500 or less. We are still going to add a 5 disc (or more) player to the mix though, one that can play our DVD-A discs. If i wait awhile then we will also consider finding a good universal player instead (future proofing a bit).

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."