Thanks, JohnK. I was hoping not to use the high pass filter in the sub because it seems to blur the imaging a bit. Best guess was having a 12db/8va high pass vs. 24 db/8va low pass but not sure.

Having said that, you make a good point -- leaving the high pass filter in the loop would make some of the comparison work a LOT easier.

Switched to "Dance on a Volcano" (Genesis, of course). Learned a lot more...

First and foremost, I'm starting to think this is either a crappy recording or my CD player doesn't like it. Some of the distortion I thought I heard on the M2s is just as prominent on the M60s and with the M60s I *know* the volume is not up high enough to be clipping the amp.

There are definitely some notes that the sub picks up and the M60 does not. Need to run Squonk and D on a V through a spectrum analyzer and figure out how the Taurus is programmed... sounds like the oscillators are set an octave apart.

Even after tweaking the sub's settings "properly" (?) between M2 and M60 the sub is more "noticeable" with the M2s. I'm wondering if I really need to have the sub crossover set higher because the room or M2 positioning isn't right. 80hz seemed best with the M2s but compared to the M60s there seems to be a bass "hole" with sub and M2.

I guess this is the big attraction of floorstanding speakers for music. You can live very happily without a sub and save yourself a lot of tweeking

Starting to get a bit of a headache. The M60 tweeters do sound a bit more harsh on high cymbals than the M2s, will have to break them in for a few days and see what happens (FLAME ON )

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8