I’ve been researching new speakers ad nauseum lately, and I ran across Axiom through one of the audio e-zines. I have to say what I’ve read so far sounds pretty good. However, I’ve noticed that the majority of the reviews and other comments made by customers in the forum usually include some sort of phrase like, “I’m not an audiophile, but…”

I do appreciate the value of these kinds of “real world” reviews, however I wondered if there are any reviews or comments out there that *are* by self-professed audiophiles? Please, toss aside your sense of modesty and admit to what you are. I’d like to get some sort of handle on how the M50ti and M60ti might fare in areas like imaging, soundstaging, air, instrumental timbre, etc. Even better, is there someone out there in the central Indiana area that might own a pair that they wouldn’t mind letting me listen to?

FWIW, my electronics are a B&K ST-140 power amp (70 wpc or thereabouts) and an Adcom GFP-710 preamp; source components are a hot-rodded Sony SACD player and an old Denon turntable with Infinity Black Widow arm and Sumiko Blue Point Special cartridge. My listening room is about 14’ by 22’ with an 8’ ceiling, and a mix of hard and soft surfaces. Musical preferences (no HT use) are large and small scale classical, jazz, acoustic-based folk and bluegrass and occasional rock. Auditions so far have included B&W 602.5 and 603 (nicely detailed and flat in frequency response, but not very involving), Energy C-5 & C-7 (similar to the B&W but not quite as detailed), KEF Q-series (ditto), PSB Image 6t (very involving with nice 3-d soundstage, but physically a bit large) and my favorite so far, the Meadowlark Swift (extremely detailed, beautiful soundstage, just way musical – they really draw you in).

Given all of this, can anyone offer any insights on the M50ti and M60ti?

Craig Burgess
Indianapolis