Welcome Mark,

I have the M60s in a room 11.5 x 18 x 8. Due to the depths of my HDTV and it's stand, the front edges of the 60s are 28" from the wall behind them, and I only sit about 8 feet from each speaker. It's been suggested that my room is too small for the M60s, and I suspect there will be those who will say the same about yours. I disagree. Do you need speakers as large as the 60s to fill your room? Heck no. Would the 22s be good for your room. Heck yes. Will the 60s be too much for your room? Not in my opinion! I moved from the 22s to the 60s for the lower midrange/upper bass the 60s could provide, and am very glad I did. The 22s are terrific speakers, and I wholeheartedly wish I could've afforded to keep both. But, for me, the move was a wise one. YMMV.

In reply to:

The M60s will do better with that hard rock (pretty logically), but my not have the delicacy of the M22s on that acoustic guitar.

I don't think I agree with this, either. The only difference between the 22s and the 60s that I experienced is a the above-mentioned lower midrange/upper bass fullness in the 60s. Other than that, they sounded very much alike, to me.

Whichever speaker you order, should you find them unsatisfactory for any reason, it will only cost you the return shipping to send them back, as long as you're still within the 30 trial period.

Please keep us posted on what you decide, and how it works out.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton