I recently demoed the Epic 60 Axiom Speaker set paired with a SVS PB1-ISD Sub driven by a Denon 3803 receiver at an Axiom Owner's place. I really liked everything about this system till I demoed the Finding Nemo - Darla Tap scene. With his setup the tap sounded more like DUB-DUB instead of TAP-TAP. I hope you readers will understand what I am trying to point here.

Was this sound because of the SVS sub or the Axiom Speakers? One of the professional reviews I read on Axiom does say that Axiom speakers cut-off some frequencies and some (very-very few) of the posts I have read on SVS also do say that SVS produces just a blob of sound with no notes. Unfortunately I couldn't take up any more time of that owner (who I don't know personally) that day to really try to find the culprit and nor do I want to bother that owner again. I am in the market for both speakers and subwoofer and am sure one of this in his system was removing the definition of the Tap sound. So, I am hoping current owners can point out which component was at fault here.

Thanks in advance.
Gary