OK....I have another one of those "which receiver" questions for everyone. However, in this case, I actually posess one of these receivers. I'll start by providing the candidates:

1. Yamaha RX-V1400 - Approx $650 online shipped (maybe less in near future w/ 1500's coming out)
2. Denon AVR-2805 - Approx $650 online shipped
3. Marantz SR8400 - $850

As you can guess, it's the Marantz that I have in my posession. I picked it up at a liquidation auction new in the box with the intent to sell it on Ebay. The cheapest I could find it online was $1100.

However, here is my quandry. I am in the process of finishing my basement, including a home theater that is wired for 7.1. Though I could very well use my existing Yamaha RX-V995, I am keenly aware that it would only be a matter of time before I bite the bullet and upgraded my receiver to a 7.1....so much so that I have already done my research and had narrowed it down to the first two on the above list.

That brings me to where I am....sitting here with this beautiful receiver sitting in my dining room just screaming to me to open it. From what I've read out there and on this forum, Marantz is worth the premium you pay in terms of audio listening.

So....What is everyone's opinions on this? I know that the Marantz model is more along the lines of the next level in both the Yamaha and Denon, but I have to compare it to what I would probably buy versus the equivalents.

My speaker setup - m60s, vp150, & qs4s

Thanks in advance for everyone's input.