Well, I did it and cranked the HK upto 0 db...100 nominal with 106 peaks...from ~12 feet away (Alison Krauss and Union Station). This is through M60's and an SVS 20-39 PCi. Sounds real, real good no harshness/distortion. This is also with the resistors installed on the tweeters.

Also happy to report the fish tank is still holding water.

Regarding the Crown. Setting it up really is not that difficult. It will be an unbalanced signal from your HK as you need an RCA to XLR interconnect for both left and right mains. The stock fans, OTOH, are loud and whinney (measured them at ~75db from ~1" (inch) away). I modded that by installing a resistor. Now they don't measure at all on the RS analog SPL. I wouldn't even know if they were on if it wasn't for the airflow that you can feel.

For HT the C/SL/SR are up +3db per the SPL meter at the listening position with the mains at 0. The Crown is rated at 260 WPC into 8 ohms...not sure on a 6 ohm load, for four ohms its WPC is 400. http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/amps/135168.pdf

There are no treble/bass controls on the crown, just power.

Here are the features:
Features
# Selectable high-pass filter on each channel enables amplifier to work more efficiently when full band-width is not required.
# Pair of linear optocoupler clip limiters protects loudspeakers from being overdriven
# Housed in a rugged, all-steel 2U chassis.
# Efficient forced-air fan prevents excessive thermal buildup.
# Electronically balanced XLR inputs and touch-proof binding post outputs.
# Precision detented level controls, power switch, and four LEDs, which indicate clip for each channel, power and fault conditions.
# Three-Year, No-Fault, Fully Transferable Warranty completely protects your investment and guarantees its specifications.

This is how I have mine setup:
HK 7200 pre-R/L to the crown cranked wide open on the gains.
C/SR/SL are running off the HK directly. Sub via preout from HK. I listen to only two channel stereo...no DSP thanks.

I have Zone II setup for the deck speakers, POS KLH, but hey it's background music and they cost ~$80 for the pair.

FWIW, I have been a participant of the AVS thread linked here (rmcgirr83) and also FWIW, am a moderator on the Plasma/LCD forum.

I like the Crown and am seriously considering its smaller brother the 202 for the center. Need to setup up the ART EQ for the sub first. Anyone use the Rives disk for that?

Rich You don't know until you try.