fhw:

I am going to respectfully disagree with Semi. I think you might be on to something here. The voice issue he mentioned could be overcome by staying with a VP model in the center. As you said, with QS models all around, musical performance might be less than ideal but the surround envelopment should be spectacular.

Essentially this is exactly what Mirage is trying to achieve with their new Omnisat. To quote Mirage, "The main goal of the new OMNISAT series was to provide a product with the most natural, accurate performance and seamless, home theater blending. This was accomplished by using Mirage's proprietary Omnipolar technology in 5 identical satellites. Omnipolar technology produces the same amount of direct and reflected sound as live events, for the most realistic experience in music and home theater. Five identical satellites for the front, center and surround channels guarantee the same tonal and timbre characteristics to further enhance the life-like Omnipolar experience." As you can tell, they don't seem to be worried about the center being a surround.

I am looking for a small sub/sat combo for my family room. My wife has already vetoed the M1's as "too big". My only choice in the Axiom line is now the Epic Micro. Like you, I am considering replacing the fronts (MZero's) with surrounds (QS2's) up front to get a better surround experience. I think a QS4/QS4/VP50/EP125 combination might be just what I need.

I would be interested in other thoughts on this issue, especially those of Mr. Lofft.

Value Canuck See our Home Theater buyers guides at http://www.valuecanuck.com