Hello all,

Another new guy here. I hope all my Canadian friends had a very good Thanksgiving! I'll try and keep this short but it probably won't happen! I stumbled onto the Axiom site earlier this year and have been reading the posts daily trying to keep up with the reviews etc. I have been in the market for new speakers for a long time. However, the urge to upgrade hadn't hit me until finding the Axiom site. Anyhow, after months of seeing the glowing reviews of the whole Axiom lineup, I pulled out the Amex and ordered some custom Cinnamon Beech M60Ti's (my wife chose the finish). I figured that the easiest way to bring some new speakers into the house was to involve the wife. Everyone raves about the customer service and friendly approach of the Axiom staff. This is no B.S. These people do go the extra mile!
Anyhow, let's cut to the chase. I took the advice from many of you by listening to B & W 703's. Loved these speakers however I can't justify spending $4,500.00 CDN + taxes!!
The M60's are pretty damn close to the B & W's. At least I have money left over to purchase a Denon 2805 Receiver, a VP100, some QS8's etc. To make along storey short, the M60's have been going since September 29th. I have listened/viewed to the following concert DVD's and have been knocked out by the sound:
- Led Zeppelin (2 DVD's)
- Eagles (Hell Freezes Over)
- Yes (Keys to Ascension)
- Metallica (Cunning Stunts, S & M)
- Rush (In Rio)Gotta love Neil Pearts drum solo!!!!
- Emerson, Lake & Palmer (Live at the Royal Albert Hall)crappy recording! Great performance
- Ozzy (Live & Loud, Live at Budokan)
- U2 (Elevation, ZOO TV, Rattle & Hum)
- Hall & Oates (Live in Concert)
- Dave Matthews Band (The Gorge, Central Park Concert, Live at Folsom Field & Listener Supported)
I am just starting to dip into my 500+ cd's to sort out the crappy recordings from the good. Having a 4 month old baby boy in the house only affords one very select listening time!
In summary: I am running the M60's in a 14W' x 22L' x 8H' room. I removed the speakers from their boxes, placed them roughly 6-1/2' apart (space restrictions) and 14" from the back wall. They sounded great from the very first cd (John Mayer - Heavier Things) to Norah Jones! I have rambled on far too long! I'll post an update when I get through some of my cd collection.
I want to thank all the people on the Axiom message board for spending their precious time promoting and contributing to this wonderful product!
You sure convinced this guy to take a chance!
Peace to you all!