I didn't want to hijack the thread regarding the five favorite symphonies, but I've wanted to post this for a few weeks... Then, I always get sidetracked thinking about the future arrival of the Axioms!

Anyway, since I'm new to hi-rez and multichannel sound, I've been pretty disappointed in the "smallish" number of discs out there. I've certainly found more on the net than at local stores, but it still seems like I'm more aware of what's NOT available over what IS!

So I've found myself thinking of the SACD/DVD-Audio discs that I'm mostly keeping an eye out for, and thought I would share my "Top 5", (in no particular order):

Tom Petty - Wildflowers: My favorite Tom Petty album, and I think the acoustic stuff will sound great on my Axioms- especially if remastered!

ColdPlay - A Rush of Blood to the Head: My favorite album of the last couple of years. Piano never seems to sound right on any of my current speakers. I'm curious to see how the Axioms do.

Steely Dan - Aja: This and Hotel California are probably my two favorite albums, but HC has been released! Wanna hear those drums on the title track on my new subwoofer and M60s!

Don Henley - End of Innocence: I don't love every song on here, but enough to make it an old standby!

Stevie Ray Vaughan - In Step: I'm a huge SRV fan, and have Texas Flood and Couldn't Stand the Weather already on SACD. This is one of my preferred SRV releases.

Anyone??

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::